Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Are you a mark? (details inside)?

There are always going to be fanboys and people who slam what they think are fanboys no matter what you are talking about. It doesn't have to be wrestling we are talking about. Everyone has their opinions, so let them keep them to themselves. I am like you, I love 'WRESTLING', which it doesn't seem like I am in the majority anymore. Most people seem to prefer 'sports entertainment' over wrestling nowadays. I like 'sports entertainment' it is ok for what it is, storylines and entertainment. But my true pion is wrestling. I am a huge fan of TNA, ROH, and FIP. TNA is kind of getting like WWE in that they are starting to focus more on storylines than wrestling, but they still have pretty good matches. ROH is the best promotion if you like pure wrestling. Limited interview segments and promos make the action a top priority in ROH. I live in Florida so FIP is a regional promotion that has their matches about 10 minutes down the road from my house. Now there are only usually less than 1,000 people there every month, but the wrestling is fantastic. They are a sister promotion to ROH and they send a lot of their stars to FIP to perform. Last week Nigel McGuinness, The Briscoes, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, (Who is the FIP Champ.) Jerrelle Clark, Delirious, Madman Pondo, and Necro Butcher were there. It was a great show and it entertained me more than Smackdown does. So I guess I am a mark in some peoples eyes and that is ok with me. For the people that think WWE is the only wrestling promotion that they need to watch, you haven't seen real wrestling yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment